Friday, December 26, 2014

Back to Business

 
I hope you enjoyed my 25 daze of Christmas, I had fun doing it.  But am glad it's over and its back to business.  Today in Canada its Boxing Day, its like Black Friday in the States, but  the deals are not quite that good.  Today my sister is arriving to visit me, for about a week, I haven't seen her in a few years, we talk on the phone every day,
but she is all I have left of my family, so its nice to get together.  As you can see
I have been experimenting with watercolor, the results are not what I want, and the
hair looks like she has been wearing a helmet, but practice only makes you better,
right.  Ok I am going to get ready to go to the airport, talk to you all soon.

6 comments:

  1. I like your painting, her hair looks like mine when I take off my cap! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so critical of your art...I love this one. When I first saw the painting on the screen I just sat and looked at it for a couple of minutes before I read your post. She has a lot of expression in her face.

    Enjoy your visit with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee, this is a really good one. Just look at all the different shades in her face, and those lovely eyes. Enjoy your sisters company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Janet you are too critical...this gal has so much depth, her hair has body and doesn't look like a helmet head! She's quite contemplative!! Well done! Thanks for the Christmas daze..it was fun!! I have one sibling left as well...enjoy your visit!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this face! The expression has a something.....sadness? Love? Wisdom? I can't quite put my finger on it but she makes me want to dive right in and stay a while! Have a great time with your sister. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I enjoyed your 25 daze of christmas very much :) I love your new blog header too. The pattern and colors look wonderful as well as your girl. She looks great and what you are writing about "the results" could be also me standing in front of the mirror in the morning. Especially your note "hair looks like she has been wearing a helmet ... " sounds so familiar to me. Your girl is a REAL girl. wonderfully pretty like in real life. Enjoy the time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter