Thursday, March 06, 2014

A exchange tip.....

 
the skin color does not turn out to good on the computer in
real life it is very smooth, I tried to fix it in Photoshop elements
but it looked worse.
I created this while watching TV, just used markers.  I have
to make these ladies smile more, or is that just a part
of my style. 
 
The Circle Journal that I am a participant in just arrived yesterday.  This is
almost the end of the swap, only one more after this one.  I had
fun doing it, and for sure would do it again.  The art in the journals have been
amazing.  The only downsize is the postal rates, but you have to
factor that in when signing up for these things.  So if you ever are
thinking of doing a journal exchange think about where the
participants are from.  Just a tip from me.
 
lee
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Loving your fab picture Lee. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. She doesn't need to smile more. Your faces always have great expressions and completely different looks. Don't change a thing!

    That's a good tip about the swaps. I have mostly quit doing swaps and things like that due to the postage rates. Anything going outside the US for me is just too expensive. If I can put it in a regular letter envelope that's okay but anything else gets crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee...looks like you have had a busy week making art. I love your work! Here's another thoughtful lady...they don't all need to smile :) Take care and have a good weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she looks very friendly, no need to make her smile more. It's probably just your style. My ladies usually look serious too, and I've tried some with smiles that show their teeth, and they're among my least favorites... Just go with what's inside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's why I don't do those journal challenges.... our Canadian rate are horrendous...
    On another note....I love your lady so much....the mouth is your recognizable style! Love it! She looks like a very pleasant woman!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter