Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring has sprung

Click on picture to enlarge

I created this postcard a little differently than usual, first I painted the background, then drew the design, used paint and white out, then I put a piece of vellum on top stitched around the edge, then I drew another design
on top of the velum and used white out again and red marker.  I have done this before on a few postcards and am happy with the way it turned out.  I got the idea from Jane Fazio.  Its a really good way to jazz up a postcard.

http://www.ihanna.nu/blog/2013/03/diy-postcard-swap-2013/

heres the link just in case you want to join up, still lots of time and fun

If you click on the link below that says 2013 postcard exchange you can see all the postcards I have posted so far.

15 comments:

  1. it's beautiful! thanks for sharing technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its really easy to do, thanks for the nice comment

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, Lee. I love the sewing touches that you have started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got my sewing machine all tuned up, and wanted to use it , thanks for reading my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Lee, interesting tecknique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Laila, try it, its really easy

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Lee, spring has backstepped here, we got some more snow on tuesday and it is still there! Oh well. Spring will come soon...so ready...especially so fed up with those colds, viruses and flu...I wish you a wonderful weekend, smiles, Anke :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thansk anke, it snowed here to, and i plan on having a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card and the misty quality you achieved for the background flower, with the vellum. I love vellum and using it. Thanks for the new technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card looks great, and I appreciate hearing how you did it...sounds like a technique I'd like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee, thanks for linking and writing about your process, I love that! I was just admiring all your cards in the postcard flickr pool. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card, love that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to make a fabulous postcard! Lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely postcard, the lucky recipient will love it I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning PC design!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter