Thursday, May 24, 2012

Balancing Act


Lately I am finding life to be a balancing act.  I know I have said this before, but I need to organize myself so I have time for everything I want to do and accomplish.  I need time to keep the house at least tidy, I need time to exercise, and  walk the dog, cook the meals, make ART , and to communicate with the hubby.  I have made exercise a priority in life, and swim daily, at the same time, allow myself 1 hour of swim time, do the  errands that need doing on the way home from the pool, when I get home I walk the dog, and then its 12:00 so this is when my life gets screwed up, I want to create art, but the house needs attention, and when hubby retires at the end of the month, what then.  I think he needs to get his own schedule, I do expect him to pitch in with the housework, so that should lighten my load.  So I guess I need to set a time to go to the studio and play.  At night I sit with the hubby and watch TV and usually sketch or read art magazines.  He goes to bed pretty early, and I am a night owl, so I could go to the studio then. I guess it will all work out in the wash but its going to be a new experience after 39 years of marriage to be home with the person 24 x7.
Maybe I need to get a part time job (lol)

5 comments:

  1. I find the prospect of the smae thing pretty scary dh retires in a yrs time! eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, LOL...I can totally feel with you ladies! I am not looking forward to that day either, even it's still far away. I sure you it will be a 'smooth' start and new way of living together.
    You also can come hide at my blog ;)

    Smiles, Anke :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ups meant I sure wish you, it will be a....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand your feelings because my husband just "semi-retired", working only two days a week. It's a whole new adjustment and very surprising sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole retirement thing is something to get used to. HB and I have worked out a routine that seems to be good for us. I hope you and your hubby can do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter