Friday, March 25, 2011

Marhaba means welcome in Morrocan




I had to use this picture when I saw it, it just spoke to me it said I am from Morroco,I know they are probably from New Jersey.  Anyway I printed out the picture, which I think I got at the
http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ note I said i think.
Anway I did the whole transfer thing, which turned out not that great but I liked it, I think it looks vintage .


Step: When you think of Morroco what colors do you think about? I thought, yellows, orange, reds
so I used some Studio G pigment inks, that i get a Michaels for a 1.50 , here it looks quite orange, but I fixed that up later.


3.  Next I decided it needed some rubons, I have had these rubons for ages, and thought they fit the project perfectly.  So I went for it and added them.




Step 4:  I then added some charcoal sticks




 Step 5:  With the charcoal I added red to their
lips, and pink to the checks, and black pen
around there eyes.




Last step I wanted to add words in the lower right, and as you
will notice I took out one of the ladies, but it still looks okay.
Well what do you think does it look morrocan






The last detail of course was the Marhaba which
means  Welcome

9 comments:

  1. Love how you altered this! Beautiful job! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your process was great. I love how it turned out....and yes, I think it looks Moroccan. Beautiful postcard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee this is gorgeous, thanks for showing the steps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and it does look Moroccan to me. What kind of transfer technique did you use? I always seem to have problems doing transfers...
    I love that you're sharing your step-by-steps on these!
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee, I really like it! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just LOVE this one... and the steps you showed how you got there.. I LOVE those transfers and stickers it really is a grat piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely, I enjoyed the piece and it's transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this one, too! Thanks for sharing your steps in the process. I love doing transfers. You never quite know how they are going to turn out, but they always have a lovely ethereal quality to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lee, AWESOME! I loved to see your art in progress! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!
    Off to check out the rest on your blog, smiles, Anke ;)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter