Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Gone Fishing


I know you have seen my girl with the fish on her head before, but this time I just reused her again, but in a different setting, that is according to Pam Carriker how to reuse your art work. The house was a real estate ad that came in the mail, that I painted, the trailer, was a magazine picture, that I also painted.  But as it happens it looked exactly the same as our trailer.  I used some rub ons I had and paint.  It works for me.  I was remembering  my family\s annual vacation every year.  We had 2 weeks that is all my dad ever got.  We went somewhere every year, we didn't have alot of money, we always had some kind of trailer or tent.  This was our first trailer and it was called the Delee for my sister and I, my other sister was not born yet.  We went all over BC with that trailer, it was small as hell, but we eat outside, cooked outside, and inside when it rained, but we had a great time.

5 comments:

  1. what a sweet trip down memory lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Re-using your art makes so much sense and it gives you lots more fun pages. I never camped with my family as a kid but HB and I used to go all the time. I love camping. There's nothing like sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fantstic re-use of art work! love the trailer.. I hated camping and still do and wont camp anywhere unless it has a five star rating lol! I did lots of camping with the girl guides and that put me off for like I think lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Absolutely positively love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:58 PM

    I remember those holidays as when VIcki and I were young I use to go with them the one I remember the most was Cannom lake it was the last trip that we took Grandpa on it was so much fun we got bitten by horse flies floated on our air mattresses in the lake and sleep on the top bunk of a trailer the that your mom and dad rented their
    that is one of my fondest memories of us together
    I wished we all lived closer so we could do it again with our kids this time
    love you Lee
    from your cousin in Vancouver Kathy xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter