Friday, September 18, 2009

They call me Mellow Yellow



As you can see I am in the process of a re-do of the blog not because I want to but I have to be able
to get my links inside my posts to work and this is the only way.  So just to let you know things are changing around here I hope in a good way.

Well yesterday I went to the eye doctor.  I had to have a test on my eyes, where they put this yellow crap in your eyes and freeze them, and then take the pressure.  On the way home from the eye doctor I decided to go to Safeway and pick up a few things.  I get to the checkout and the clerk says to me.  Are you sick, I said no.  She then procceeds to stare and me and says did you know your eyes are yellow, and really I don't know If I should serve you.  I burst out laughing and said well yes I did know my eyes were yellow.  That is because when I was born my mother had yellow jaundice and ever since I have had yellow eyes, and then I walked away.

Well just about the start of the weekend and the weather is turning fallish.  This morning well walking the devil dog,  very slowly might I add  you could see your breath.  Not a good sign.  Today is about getting some things done, getting some art done and going out for dinner with the family. Usually on friday for dinner it is whatever you find you can have.  When I was younger my sister and I would love Friday night supper, my father would stop off on the way home for a beer with his work buddies.  My mother would then proceed to make our favourite dinner.  We would have canned mixed fruit with  vanilla ice cream on top, and toast.  We thought we had died and gone to heaven.  When we moved to vancouver to live with my grandfather, she served our favourite dish one Friday and he asked how come we were having dessert before dinner.

Well here's hoping you have an artfilled weekend.

lee


3 comments:

  1. well aren't YOU a pill, Miss Yellow Eyes! Lee gets Sassy, LOOKOUT!

    I'm going to try this meal ... I love fruit cocktail (or pineapple, or mandarin oranges) on top of cottage cheese ... never thought about adding toast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if I should serve you? What is she...spokeswomen for the CDC? Nope her badge said clerk this morning. LOL I can't believe someone would say that!

    Hope your eyes have turned a lighter shade of yellow this morning.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How weird that the clerk would say something like that to you! I love your snappy comeback!

    Ice cream for dinner....sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter